Giving Up Netflix: Day 20

Halfway through my challenge and still going strong!

It's been 20 days since I've given up Netflix, and it's gotten easier to do. I think part of it was being on Spring Break and keeping busy in other ways, and part of it is just realizing what other things I could be doing. I finally finished my book and looking for another one, and I finally have time to go swimming after class.

My dad was not happy that I gave up Netlix when I went home for Spring Break. Sometimes my family likes to chill and watch a TV show after dinner, most of which are on Netflix, and when I told him I couldn't watch it he reluctantly started a movie instead. And then another night he started playing Last Man Standing, forgetting my resolution, and I just let it go. What's Spring Break for if you don't get to relax a little bit, right?


Speaking of Spring Break, can we just take a moment to thank all of my professors who did not schedule homework and/or tests the first three days after I got back? 🙌


I think I can confidently say now that I haven't been as stressed since giving up Netflix. Maybe it's from forcing myself to do my homework ahead of time or maybe it's from more self-care by spending more time outside or with other people. It'll be interesting to see what happens once Lent is over.

How has your Lent season been faring? Let us know in the comments below!


Giving Up Netflix: Day 10                                                                  Giving Up Netflix: Day 30

1 comment: